Sunday, May 22, 2011

Designer Cigarettes - A stiletto heeled step too far!

The brand of Yves Saint Laurent is "smokin'".  However when you hear the word "smokin", you should think of something beautiful, gorgeous, attractive - not this time.  YSL are promoting 'sophisticated' own-label cigarettes in Asia and Russia.  Cancer risk seems to be of little concern to Yves Saint Laurent.  The cigarette promotion bears the YSL designer logo to give the cigarette a sophisticated look.


What do you think?  Designer cigarettes - For the hand bag? ...or Rubbish bin?

Read more here >>
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Ixy said...

I don't want to be hurtful, but when I see someone smoking, I think trashy, lazy and low-class, not glamourous. I guess I'm just not in YSL's target market.

Avon from Fiona said...

Hi lxy - Sometimes I have to think do some companies really know what they're doing!?

Classic NYer said...

Yes, they do... putting a glamorous label on an addictive product? That's a surefire recepie for kaching. Evil kaching, but kaching all the same.

Stopped in from the LBS tea party.

Post a Comment